Monday, August 5, 2024

500 Greatest Albums of the 1980s ... Ranked! # 290 Japan - Tin Drum

 


'Once I was young. Once I was smart. Now I'm living on the edge of my nerves.''

By contrast with Nine Inch Nails just now, where I felt 'there's an emotional journey for someone else, but not or me'. But hold the front page.  Here come Japan. Tin Drum . A totally different narrative. 'Yes' thought I. What a nice way to get from half five to six as the sun rises in the Canterbury skies. I wake and get up early readers.

Japan remind me of my youth. The full head of curly hair on my head and the sense that I was moving into life and love and energy to give to the world my best. 

Bands were so inventive and fearless in those days. Japan were one of the very greatest young bands of those years and  Tin Drum remains testimony to where imagination, bravery and dreams can take you. Mountain peaks. This is like something very high up in the Himilaya heavens. Magnificent !





No comments:

Post a Comment