Sunday, December 17, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,592 Wild Yonder

 

So much going on in Asheville, North Carolina, clearly one of the World's Top Rock & Roll cities right now. Along with Melbourne, Rotterdam and Portland, Oregon. Off the top of my head that's my list anyhow.

Here come Wild Yonder with T.O.A.D. as far as I can gather their debut album. It's a diverse, imaginitive good time alternative American guitar album designed for a specific constituency. One that exists in every town of that great land, Every High School. Every campus,. 

King Gizzard, Fog Lake, Radiator Hospital, Kurt Vile and Deerhunter turn up on their Spotify Radio app and make sense as comparison points.



There's a hippyish, Psychedelic laidback flow from starter's gun to finishing tape that makes T.O.A.D an amiable and impressive Furry Freak experience in a very specific American tradition


2 comments:

  1. Good find, Bruce, enjoyed that! Although it did feel like it could have been 10 different albums. Not much for you, I'm afraid, but I was rather taken with The Same, Again (Madeline Kenney's piano-backed, acoustic re-working of her recent album, A New Reality Mind). I hadn't paid the original much attention, so it has sent me back to that one, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, add the new Graham Hunt album, too! Just had another listen.

    ReplyDelete