Thursday, July 15, 2021

Albums of the Year - 1988

Here is the list for 1988 from the Best Ever Albums site:

1. Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

2. Pixies - Surfer Rosa

3. Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden

4. Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back

5. Metallica - And Justice For All

6. Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman

7. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton

8. My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything

9. R.E.M. - Green

10. Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking

Down to ten this year in terms of the albums I actually own on vinyl. But all of them terrific and a great return to form for music. Could easily have been either 16 Lover Lane or Surfer Rosa at # 1 :

1. The Go Betweens - 16 Lovers Lane


2. Pixies - Surfer Rosa


3. Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Session


4. Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation


5. R.E.M. - Green 


6. My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything


7. The House of Love - The House of Love


8. Happy Mondays - Bummed


9. The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues


10. A.R.Kane - '69


Honorary mentions for Tracy Chapman, The Sugarcubes and Tanita Tikaram, (which I also own). Also for Mary Margaret O'Hara's Miss America, a brilliant album that I'm not sure I've ever owned a copy of. Think I listened to my sister's copy at the time. Should really have that and Spirit of Eden too but I do need somewhere to sit in my flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment