Monday, July 15, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,796 Chandelier

 

A fascinating accidental discovery on my new releases playlists as I browsed through them looking for something to d as the clock ticked down to kick off time last night. Straddle The Line the opening track immediately took my fancy and now I find myself listening to the rest of Chandelier's Chandelier as I ready myself for the working week. 

It's a chunky and intruguing record. Reminders of so much. Pere Ubu, Gang Of Four. Wire. Mussuin of Burma. Pylon. Minutemen, Fugazi. Omni. Post Punk Post everything. Math. But beyond the immediate contrasts it's just a fabulous record pure and simple.

Geomtrics. Shapes. There's a sense of genuine exploration here which is always heartening to chance uppn. The sense of a work in progress. The week starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment