Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,805 Orcas

 

When I get up I search for somethung that's going to help me organise my thoughts, Put me in a composed, structured and organised frame of mind for the day ahead,

This morning, as we reach the mid-point of the working week I've found the ideal record. Orcas', How To Color a Thousand Mistakes.

It's a florid, slightly precious title which describes a florid and occasionally precious record. But precious in a way that consistently endeavoyrs to uncover and wallow in beauty. Beauty is always something I appreciate and seek. 

It;s ambient, textured Pop exercise. If you want a comparison point think John Grant fronting early R.E.M. Even Michael Stipe needed a day off sometimes.  

Orcas have been doing what they do here for over 15 years since the main players first met in Seattle. They're getting good at doing what they do. They've uncovered treasure here. A slightly precious comment of my own. But preciousness is great sometimes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment