Friday, July 19, 2024

It Starts With a Birthstone - 200 Albums for 2024 # 162 Flight Mode - The Three Times

 


I'd like to travel more from now. There are places I'd like to go. I'd like to go to Oslo for example. I hear it has lots of wonderful parks, I visited briefly on a holiday when I was a teenager and would like to go again and have another look roun now I'm definitely not one of those,

Flight Mode are from Oslo. They have a vaguely generic, mundane name and a guitar sound that seems distantly related to Nineties strummers like Bettie Serveert and Daryl Anne. Lyrical inclinations that suggest everything will be OK after a spell of moping around and not speaking to ine another.

Their album The Three Times appears to be their first. It runs on tracks that are determined early on. You know what the record is going to sound like afyer a couple of tracks and nothing that happens thereafter will surprise you much.There are some nicely crafted tracks here though which mark them out as ones to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment