Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,812 Romi O

 


'Brooklyn artist Romi O  (formerly Romi Hanoch) had to embark on both a literal and sonic journey before finding the formula for her debut album Edges.' 


Not my words. The opening line from this interview article in the Cone Magazine. I need to pause sometimes and wonder at the universe and in the age I find myself in.at any rate. 

The album is a pretty damned fine one. Certainly genre defting as Cone Magazine describe it. Romi O moved from her hometown in Tel Aviv to Brooklyn eight years ago. It's a record that's constantly shifting,. In terms of language rhythm, pace and tone

'I have always had a very hard time picking just one thing, so this whole project represents the freeom to do whatever makes sense for the song.'  

I won't bust a gut trying to describe it. It's a record best listened to rather than read about. It's sensitive, brave, refuses to be tied down and frequently gentle and touching. Go Romi O !


No comments:

Post a Comment