Thursday, September 5, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,846 Seefeel

 

Seefeel are a name that I associate with Melody Maker and the late Eighties and early Nineties. I used to buy NME and Melody Maker most weeks. Even though I would consider myself promarily and NME reader, it's the writing of the Melody Maker writers that I remember most from this period.

They were more ambitious than the NME witers for the most part. Post Structuralists and prone to pretention, but also funny and with quirkt raaste. They ficused largely on bands like Seefeel who were never going to bother the charts as they were essentially ambient in nature but made interesting records.

Seefeel have come back together and put out an interesting six track EP called Everythung Squared. I don't suppose that it will trouble the charts either, I imagine that thought never enters the heads of Seefeel members. Good for them. There are more important things than being in the charts. I very much enjoyed listening to it this morning. It set me up well for the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment