Friday, July 12, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,793 Rui Gabriel

 

It's a Friday morning and the sun is rising slowly in the Canterbury heavens as I prepare for my working day. Tume to put my headphones on and listen to a dreamy Indie album to be put me in the best moods for my labours.

Rui Gabriel's Compassion ticks all available boxes. Gabriel is a bearded, avuncular customer. Born in Venzuela, raised in Nicaragua and based in Indiana he's a wooly hatted, chunky proposition and Compassion is achugging, self asured an pleasurable ride.

Full of indie goodness. Gabriel  joins up with fellow travellers Kate Teague and Stef Chura or goes it alone. For anyone who makes a point of rewatching Juno at some point in the calendar year. Feelgood. Symmertime Tiger particularly is a quality tune.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked this, Bruce! I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Took me a while to find out that he is also half of Lawn. You wouldn't get that from the album, which is probably why it's a solo effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's interesting. Very much enjoyed this. And love Lawn.

    ReplyDelete