Saturday, April 20, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,713 Conor Lynch

 This looks like becoming Darren Jones week here on It Starts with a Birthstone.. I may not be entirely exaggerating. The last two Songs of the Days have been Darren suggestions. 

This is the third in a row and the best so far as well as be one of the best albums I've heard all year . So we may well keep going until the man runs out of ideas. He doesn't seem to. Well it makes things very easy for me.

This. Michigan songwriter Conor Lynch's fourth album Slow Country is a record that attains classic status almost within the first five minutes of its run. Sometimes you just need the first song to know you're on a good road. . 

This is a melifluous and relaxing Folk Rock record in the classic tradition. Think Nick Drake most obviously. But then think Midlake, Kevin Morby, Phosphorescent. Any of those people, R.E.M's Find The River. Conor Lynch is not an artist and this is not a record that is shamed by such esteemed company.  

One to listen to with a cat on your lap. or else a blanket. This establishes and maintains a pace and momentum of its own that I suspect you might want to stay with it, Thanks Darren. This is a peach..    

2 comments:

  1. So glad you like this one! I mean, I knew you would, it's an absolute beauty. One listen to Psithurism and I knew I was onto something... as well as learning a new word. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great word. I've just looked it up. The whole record is fantastic. One of my favourites of the year. Thanks.

      Delete