Thursday, April 18, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,711 House Warmer

 

Not for the first, and I imagine not for the last on here, I'm grateful for Darren Jones, my first mate on here, for coming up with a whole list of recommendations for my listening at a moment when I was running dry of inspiration.,

Song of the Day is a inportant feature of this blog to me and I like to devote it for the most part to new releases. Given the way that the internet has broken open things for the avid listener, there is no end of listening choices for the avid and engaged listener now. It's just a matter of keeping an eye open for the delicacies an training the prow of your boat in on them.

This morning Virgo by Band Warmer out of  Kingsport, Tennessee.They tell us there that 'We make Music.' They do indeed. It's worthy of notice. Impossibly young according to Darren. Immpossibly smart according to a listen of Virgo

I'm running across any number of intriguing Bedroom Indie records coming out of smalltown America this year. The heartlands and High Schools still dream,

This is a delightful, introverted, essentially romantic album album. Guitars and sighing. Heartfelt vocals and playing. Charming record. Thanks Darren. Onwards. To breakfast and the working day.. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like it, Bruce, it's rather lovely, isn't it? I think they probably are at high school, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wait Darren. There are more of yours coming. I think it's Darren Jones week on It Starts.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Bruce! I just like sharing new music I like that I think you might like, too. And I've found enough through you over the years!

    ReplyDelete