Monday, April 15, 2024

Best Ever Albums - 2,000 - 1,001 -1,959 The Beatles - Blue Album

 


Listening through to the Blue Album was not a chore this morning. I still go through intermittent Beatles phases where I make my way through Rubber Soul, Revolver and Abbey Road. There are some songs I don't care to hear again. Sgt Pepper and I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends come to mind. But there is much else that sounds fresh as daisies every time. Hearing A Day in the Life and All You Need Is Love particularly this time round. They'll never age. 

TBH It's The Beatles. You may prefer The Stones. The Kinks. Soul. Punk. Post Punk. But they're The Beatles. Who are you? I don't mean to be rude. There's nothing more to say really. You may not care for McCartney. Ot Lennon. Say he wasn't a very nice person. For all you might say about Lennon he was always fairly upfront about having issues. Theirs'is one of the almost unfathomable achievements of Twentieth Century Music. I never mind the reminder. 




No comments:

Post a Comment