Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,710 Agent Bla

 

Gothenberg Indie sextet Agent Bla (Aget Blue), are an immediate sensitive, lush proposition that paint their pictures using the broadest brushstrokes.Stab! which appears to be their second album, and their first since 2017 doesn't hold back from  being windswept and highly emotive, wearing its heart on the sleeve from the off.

This seemed to fit into a romantic Scandinavian tradition. I found myself thinking,'who does that remind me of?' Utimately this doesnt matter because I really enjoyed my morning ride. This is heartfelt, passionate stuff..  

2 comments:

  1. This was on my list to check out, but hadn't done so until now. Enjoyable enough, but probably wouldn't listen again? One of those. Recent discoveries include albums by House Warmer (impossibly young looking!), Dog Unit, Ther, Conor Lynch and Minor Moon. Also, just listened to a great album from last year by Ryan Davis & the Roadhouse Band. They are touring here with The Reds, Pinks & Purples soon, but sound nothing much like them. More Americana. Made my ears prick up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Conor Lynch record is fantastic. Now moving onto Minor Moon and I like that too. I always like to hear Nick Drake's influence.

      Delete