Sunday, April 28, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,721 Nolan Potter

 

I like the process of skimming an scanning through the Spotify playlists of new releases from Friday onwards. Finding new artists and records that I've never heard of, discovering their worlds and seeing what takes my fancy.

This morning Nolan Potter and the intriguingly entitled The Perils of being Trapped Inside My Head. On first play it doesn't seem like entirely the worst place to be. 'Pleasantly skewed musical points of view.' The Bandcamp pageSounds about right. 

Reminders of late Sixties psychedelia. I thought The Who and their only early skewed visions.The record ecomes increasingly whimsical and serves up reminders of Syd and Kevin the longer iytplays.  Prog fans might also be tempted. Certainly an interesting, idiosyncratic record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment