Sunday, September 20, 2026

500 Greatest Albums of the 2000's # 55 Broadcast - The Noise Made By People

 


                                'What's the point in wating time with people that you'll never know.' 

I've been waiting to find a place of calm in my day and I suspect it may have come. It's half past two on a Sunday afternoon in late September and I've finally arrived at my desk, put my heaphones on and I'm listening to an album from 2000 by Broadcast -  The Noise Made By People.

it could really be pretty much any album by Broadcast I imagine. They're one of the important bands for our age I'd say. A band that understand many of the central preoccupation of our times. The Age of Anxiety. They've been labelled within the whole disticussion of Hauntology. A way of seeking answers to the problems of our time by wrapping ourselves up in the concerns of the past.as a means of  heading into the future.They're quietly inspired frankly 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment