Monday, November 27, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,573 Feeling Figures

 


A bit of rolling, urgent Indie Punk for a Monday morrning. Montreal's Feeling Figures latest record. Migration Magic. Why not? I'm not dead yet.

I liked this instantly and devoured it at a single sitting. Feeling Figures have an Independent and roving spirit. I was reminded of the great American Rock underground rennaissance of the early Eighties that excited me so in my late teenage years.


Each track starts from a different place and heads for its own destination with breakneck urgency.Feeling Figures don't always play in tune but have no real desire to. This has a ramshackle emergy and momentum that's a rush to witness and experience.

First mate Darren Jones has directed me here, once more.Excellent work Darren. In the words of the press release ' unconstrained synthesis of multiple areas of  indie rock, psychedelia, folk and outsider pop.' I couldn't put it better myself.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it, Bruce! Ramshackle is the best description, and something I'm always attracted to. Like it could fall apart, or shift, at any moment. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete