Monday, November 27, 2023

Albums of the Year # 29 Dignan Porch - Electric Threads

 


I've just come across my favourite band in the world. Ever, ever, ever. Since the last time. It happens to me quite a lot. That's possibly why this blog is still going. Ten years and counting.

My latest favourite band in the world. Ever, ever, ever is Dignan Porch. There are five of them, they are unfeasibly young  and they are from Tooting Broadway. How cool is that!

Their second album is called Electric Threads.  It has a cool cover with a drawn circle of ghoulish heads on the cover It rocks the Garage sound first minted in the mid Sixties by the likes of The Seeds and The Strangeloves most recognisably, and updated by the likes of The Woodentops and The Triffids in the Eighties. They might have taken notes from the likes of The Horrors more recently.

That's it. That's Dignan Porch. That's their source of inspiration and that's what they sound like. Fucking fantastic. I do hope they play in Newcastle soon. In the meantime I have Electric Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment