Thursday, December 17, 2015

100 Power Pop Songs Countdown # 45-41


45. Voice of the Beehive


'I walk the earth my darling. This is my home...'

They walked the earth my darling. Mostly in the late eighties. Not altogether purely as a B52s tribute Band. Though they had taken notes.

44. Super Furry Animals

'I had a soul transplant operation. Coz my bypass didn't function...'

Super Furry Animals were big fans of Badfinger but had plenty of other cards up their sleeve. The first track on first album Fuzzy Logic. Altogether a wonderful record.

43. The High


'I have always felt this way...'

This here's my blog so these here are my rules. The nearest the 'Madchester Baggy' sound ever got to Power Pop and a quite wonderful single.

42. The Dandy Warhols


'Hot diggity dog. I love God all the same...'

Shocking exhibitionists, but they did have some great Pop moments. Including this.

41. The Vapors


'If you want to take a walk then come into the garden with me...'

I'll spare you Turning Japanese again. This really should have been a Top 20 hit too but they'd had their brief moment in the sun. This song was inspired by the Jim Jones cult.

No comments:

Post a Comment