Thursday, March 28, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,690 Sam Evian

 

'and the waves come, rollin' in rollin in...'

I've set myself a challenge it's worth trying to rise to. To find a newly released record I generally think it's worth listening to most mornings, Given the number of great records around it's not an impossible task.. So today we have Sam Evian and his latest album Plunge.

It's an interesting album title in itself.  I have a very got friend who's much enamoured of deep lake diving which definitely involves overcoming your fears and 'taking a plunge.' I'm less courageous. I'll just listen to and write about the record.

It's as rewarding in its way as a commune with nature at the break of day. Neat record. A New York based artist an record producer. Plunge mines the classic seam of late period Beatles, Harrison, Lennon and Nilsson, a sound and sensibility I'm very fond of andit's  nicely chipped away at here.

Nine songs and just North of half an hour. Another record I can recommend wholeheartedly. Job done. Time for my bath,

No comments:

Post a Comment