Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Best Ever Albums - 2,000 - 1,001 -1,978 Regina Spektor - Soviet Kitsch

 


I pretty much fell in love with Regina Spektor a few years ago. A simlar thing happened with Courtney Barnett at rounnd about the same time. There's no actual law against it. I imagine it happens to ,middle aged men like me all the time.

Anyway I'm not about to start apologising to anyone in either case. They're both worth it. Staggeringly able artists in addition to being staggeringly attractive ones.

I latched onto Regina Spektor when her career was well underway. With 2112's What We Saw From The Cheaps Seats. It was nice to go back to 2004' s Soviet Kitsch this morning. The classical training and sophistication were also in place and evident. So was the essential ingenue quality which always made her stand out from the pack. 



No comments:

Post a Comment