Monday, January 29, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,632 Conchur White

 


A huge quantity of exciting new music has cropped up on my radar inthe last couple of days leaving me with a challenge; to do it all justice. But music has beconing a governing principle for me oflate. So, a cup of tea, a hot cross bun an off we go. On with the show.

Certain principles and trends emerge. Scenes. After a weekend when I witnessed  Lnkum's majesty, testimony and gospel, a couple of further Irish albums of interest have dropped on my mat.

First of all Conchyr White's Swirling Violets. A poppier prospect than Lankum but equally intriguing. White hails from Co Armagh and this is his debut. It's always great to come upon first records that seem fully directed and this is a case in point.

Defintely more of a Pop tan a Rock statement but I don't imply criticism in that. Not enough to my personal taste to demand further play but rhe world needs Pop music and this is highly competent and thoughtful Pop which will speak to people. Out on Bella Union. Always a further recommendation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment