Friday, January 19, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,624 Marmoset

 

Not for the first tine on here I have found myself a new favourite band. Not for  the first time they appear to have been traumatised at an early age by The Velvet Underground and split up several decades ago. Oh well. You can't win them all.

I enjoy Spotify playlists or the songs that they run onto of their own volition once the record you are listening to has run its course. I insist once more that I support jobbing musicians whenever I can before you blacklist me for political unworthiness .

I found myself looking up at my television set a couple of days ago when this adjustment was happening and found I was in love again. With a band called Marmoset. Let's face it, it's not hard to fall in love with a band called Marmoset.

I chose their 2001 album Record in Red at random. I imagine any of the six albums they put out between 1995 and 2009 would be worth a plunge.

Their songs are snug, inimate and conveyed in half whispered vocals. Like many of the best bands they don't make the effort to try too hard. That would not be cool. You need to make an effort yourself. Meet them halfway.

I assure you it's worth the effort. Wikipedia mentions Feelies, Mission of Burma, Television Personalities, Wire, Sebadoh. Good things. Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment