Friday, September 22, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,506 Slaughter Bear, Dog

 

I was not aware of the work of the established Philadelphia Indie, Country Slackers Slaughter Bear, Dog until just now. Judging by their latest record Crying, Laughing, Smiling Waving their fifth fully drawn album, this is my loss.

They seem to draw the line you never knew existed between The Band and Wilco. The state of consciousness where there is always time, or if there isn't, you'd better make the time.

Time for what? Time to sit down and have a brew. Pool up a stool to the bar and catch up with one of your inner circle who you haven't seen for far too long.

This is a rather lovely record in several ways which I won't bother to list here. I'll just sit here at my desk and cook my tea while wondering what to do with my weekend which approaches me like an old friend becoming clearer in outline as he makes his way down the avenue towards my outstretched arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment