Sunday, September 17, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,501 Worriers

 

Americans Worriers have a new album out called Trust Your Gut. Let's face it Worriers is a good name, we all are worriers to a greater or lesser extent. These are worrying times.

The band describe themselves as a queer American sleeper cell emerging to throw an indie rock house party. This is 'Indie'both in the way the songs sound. Unremarkable and formulaic to a degree but small packets of self-assertion and determination that work with determined grit to carve out thrity nmiutes of pride and muscle that might appeak to fans of Hold Steady and 10.000 Maniacs.

Main Worrier Lauren Denitzio has not always had the easiest of times. Which of us have? She still manages to be nice and strikes me as good company. A friend I would like to have. She also has an excellent, nuanced voice that expresses the range of emotions she's going through. Its lilt reminded me of Natalie Merchant at points. I never mind reminders of Natalie.

It's a nice little record and content to be that and nothing more. I enjoyed my time with iy and will listen again. Sometimes, this is enough. Don't worry, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment