Friday, March 15, 2024

Mojo Collection - The Ultimate Music Companion # 557 Cornershop - When I Was Born For The Seventh Time

 

'There's dancing. Behind the movie scenes...'

An album I bought and very much loved at the time. On CD of course. I saw the band shortly afterwards. Playing at the Brixton Academy on a splendid Indie bill with my sister. Playing with Teenage Fanclub. Gorky's Zygitic Mynci and Warm Jets. I'm glad I was there.

Listening again this morning  was a proper treat. My idea of a BritPop album. Eclectic. Of its time. With an acute sense of the past but living in the here and now. Cornershop have always been intent on that.

There's so much here. It's like a stall of household knick knacks on proud display on a Sunday morning car boot car sale. In a field in the middle of nowhere. Allen Ginsberg, C&W, Bollywood, Beatles. And much much more besides. 'Mine's on the 45 ...'


 


No comments:

Post a Comment