Sunday, March 17, 2024

Steely Dan - Their Thirty Greatest Songs # 7 Aja

 

I saw that this rundown's # 7 was eight minutes long. So I tipped out the eemainder of my cup of tea down the sinkand brewed myself a fresh cup. Carried it back to my desk so I could appreciate it in full at my desk with the volume pitched high and my headphones on. 

'Their impeccably produced Jazz Rock zenith,' according to Mojo. It's certainly impeccably produced. Possibly a precednt for The Nightfly, It;s wistful. I always like a bit of wistful. 'Music to luxuriate in over the long distance.' Sometimes it's better to lift someone else's words if they choose them better than you coudl. Not my favourite Steely Dan. I prefer their tunes. This reminds me of the kind of Jazz I get a bit impatient with. Because it doesn't seem to go anywhere. But it's very well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment