Saturday, November 19, 2016

Things Found on my Local's Jukebox # 165 Sufjan Stevens


This has been Sufjan Stevens week musically in my small universe. Not that I've just discovered him, I've been aware of his stuff for years. But this has been the week when it all fell into place for me and I immersed myself in his work, starting with a Song of the Day and rising to a peak on Thursday when I went to a Record Player event at the Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle when the whole of his magical album of last year, Carrie & Lowell was played accompanied by a fine slideshow and in the company of good friends. It was a wonderful night. Meanwhile at Rosie's I've discovered there is a whole raft of his stuff on the jukebox. This was merely the first selection. Who says we have we have no geniuses in the here and now to match up against the greats of the past. Here's one!



No comments:

Post a Comment