Sunday, November 20, 2016

Song(s) of the Day # 1,036 Hinds



Spanish band Hinds released their first proper album, Leave Me Alone on the same day as Bowie put out Blackstar. Bowie's record came to have monumental significance within three days later while Leave Me Alone not unnaturally made a smaller splash confined to its own indie circles but it still garnered them some notice and their next move should be worth watching.



Ten months later I've decided the record isn't going to make my albums of the year list. Frankly the songs just aren't strong enough, (I'd point you in the direction of the Coathangers album I post yesterday ahead of this), and hey, I'm a fifty year old bloke, the gooey young female vocals grate somewhat.


Still, I like their basic shtick. Guitar variations of that Link Wray, Mickey & Sylvia twang and proper Rock and Roll abandon. I look forward to hearing what they do next.


No comments:

Post a Comment