Sunday, January 1, 2023

1983 Singles - # 50 U2

 


1983 was a good year for me personally. It was the year I feel looking back that I came of age, became respectable, started exploring the world and found my tastes and character. My record collection grew. At the beginning of the year for a couple of weeks U2, The Bunnymen and Wah! all found themselves in the UK. It seemed like a good thing.

This was U2's first really big hit. It sounded good coming out on the radio and the video looked good on Top of the Pops. It persuaded me to buy War the album that followed. I regretted it. Most of it sounded hollow and bombastic and I left the band further and further as the Eighties advanced and they claimed more and more of it for themselves. Still, I still enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment