Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,281 Nighttime

 


Hear come Nighttime from New York's upper state Hudson Valley. With their latest album Keeper is the Heart which does that female fronted Psych Folk Hauntology thing that's been so prevalent in recent years. 


 I'm not really complaining. I like this kind of thing. I've very much enjoyed recent records by Heather Trost, MOLLY and Aoife Nessa Frances and this is definitely in that ballpark. Lets all put our long frocks on and dance around the forest tonight at midnight in our bare feet.

That stuff's a lot of fun and so in this. It's an excellent album that does everything it intends to. I don't know how often I'll listen as the one thing it doesn't seem to want to do is break the rules of its given genre to any truly daring degree, But it'll certainly tide me over until the new Meg Baird record shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment