Monday, January 23, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,280 Kacimi

 


I'm still trying to catch up with 2022. There are so many excellent and highly exciting new albums I've yet to write about on here. High profile ones by the likes of John Cale, Belle & Sebastian, Billy Nomates, The Murder Capital and more.

Then there are these. Records I just chance upon by chance, clicking on songs of new relates buy bands and artists that I've never heard. These are becoming the real serious business of this blog. 

Kacimi are probably best described as a beat combo. They hail from Geneva, sing in French and this, Couronne d'Ephmeres is their third long player.

It's an altogether groovy proposition. It seems to originate in the world just before the Beatles hit and forced everyone to change. A world of Jazz, and beatniks, and shades and poetry.



This album is so much fun I urge you to ply it as soon as you can. It could only have been sung in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment