Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Song(s) of the Day # 3,011 My Idea

 


I hear a lot of things that remind me of Eighties Pop production these days. That big, unashamed radio  friendly sound which doesn't seem to have any electric guitars on it. Or if it does, they certainly don't sound like they did in the Sixties and Seventies. Madonna, Cindi Lauper, Thompson Twins, Tears For Fears Big Chair album.

The first track on CRY MFER, the new album from My Idea, a collaboration between Lily Konigsberg and Nate Foster sounds like this but it's slightly deceptive. There are guitars which sound like guitars elsewhere on the record. But mostly its a big synthetic Pop Record.

I don't generally like big synthetic Pop Records but this is OK. I don't care for it as much as I have for some things Konigsberg has been involved with; Palberta for instance or her most recent solo album. She's definitely one to keep an eye on.



No comments:

Post a Comment