Saturday, April 16, 2022

Song of the Day # 3,000 Golden Alphabet

 


A small milestone, at least for me. My 3,000th consecutive Song of the Day from, I think, 3,000 different bands and artists, going back almost ten years now. 

It seems fitting to mark that with a new discovery, as that's really what this blog is all about. A new single from an outfit originally formed in Tuscon, Arizona who have since made the move to Brooklyn, New York.

Golden Alphabet seem to have an original slant on things, composed of familiar DNA, in the same way as the likes of Parquet Courts, Arcade Fire and Pavement have in the past. A kind of kaleidoscopic, pick and mix approach to Rock & Roll's great lineage that seems apt for the internet age. 

Latest song Ring Every Bell, immediately establishes a quiet Glam authority and is already one of my favourite songs of the year, an anthem to dance to while the world's in flames. This led me back to excellent debut album, Removable Baby Jesus, from the beginning of last year, which I'd missed out on first time round. There may be an album to follow Ring Every Bell. Hope so. Ones to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment