Monday, August 16, 2021

Personal Long Players # 5 R.E.M. - Murmur, Reckoning & Fables of the Reconstruction

 


Where it all really started for me. The band I discovered when I was seventeen, and more than any other who I feel I constructed myself and my personal identity around between then and twenty. They felt like a personal discovery for me. I didn't really know anybody else who was really aware of them, though I did convert a brother and sister to the cause, until I got to university.

I still think of these three albums as a suite, a beautiful determined journey, shrouded in Southern mystery,  pride and vision. I can l listen to them at any point and they offer a portal back to that wonderful period of my life. They remain my safe place and I can't express my gratitude and wonder for what they gave to me even all these years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment