Sunday, August 15, 2021

Personal Long Players # 4 Aztec Camera - High Land, Hard Rain

 


The best album ever made about being seventeen which came out when I was seventeen. Just remarkable how Roddy Frame could be so deeply perceptive and fully formed at such a young age. I can't for the life of me think of a single figure who bears comparison.

High Land, Hard Rain gives youth a good name. I had a good conversation with a good friend which I posted on here about the record and we were in agreement that it doesn't date. It's a bloom of teenage romanticism with knowledge rich beyond its yeasr. It states clearly why the books you read, the music that you listen to and the experiences you have in your late adolescence are so deeply, essentially important.

A perfect album in many respects. The enactment of romanticism from a seventeen year old going through the transition from innocence to experience. The sweetness of Roddy Frame's voice. His ear for melody. He's just a virtuoso.

These are the words of my friend from this conversation we had a couple of months back. He's not in a good place right now. I hope he'll be back soon



No comments:

Post a Comment