Monday, August 23, 2021

Personal Long Players # 12 John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

 



The last of this particular series. I don't know if everybody is like me in this respect, but I imagine a lot of people are. The records that mean the most to me are the ones that hit me between the ages of fifteen and twenty five. By that point you should be fully formed. Or at least fully formed enough to cope with the world. I wasn't quite, But I was on my way.

I bought, or at least listened to A Love Supreme during my last year at university after a couple of years out, for reasons I won't bother you with. I listened to it in my residence flat in Norwich city centre. I blame it for starting me smoking, not my best life decision and certainly not the record's fault, but I used to lie and sit on my bed and listen to it and smoke.

I was nursing a wound in that year of the end of my first important relationship. I managed to put it aside and get myself togther sufficiently to get a decent degree grade and then move on to the next stage of my life. I've since probably moved in terms of my affections from John to Miles but why on earth should you need to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment