Sunday, April 4, 2021

Albums of the Year 1976

 The absolute nadir. I don't even have ten records from this year that are worthy of posting. Here is the Best Ever Albums chart. 

1. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life

2. David Bowie - Station to Station

3. The Ramones - The Ramones

4. The Eagles - Hotel California

5. Boston - Boston

6. Rush - 2112

7. Bob Dylan - Desire

8. The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers

9. Genesis - A Trick in the Tail

10. Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record

Here is my Top Eight. Chosen just from the albums I own in record form. Says it all. My favourite record from this year was actually recorded in 1972.

1.  The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers


2. The Ramones - The Ramones


3. Bob Dylan - Desire


4. The Patti Smith Group - Radio Ethiopia


5. Blondie - Blondie


6. ABBA - Arrival


7. The Flamin' Groovies - Shake Some Action


 8. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life


Otherwise as a year probably best to draw a veil over the whole thing apart from Reggae where there was a lot of excellent stuff. Sadly I don't own any of it. Also Station to Station of course which would be in my list if I owned it. On to '77 where things start to look an awful lot better.



No comments:

Post a Comment