Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,766 Good Looks

 


Good Looks aren't everything. But they're never a bad idea. Good Lucks are also a band as well as a physical attribute.

A slightly generic one it has to be said. But highly competent. You have to give them that. A five piece out of Austin Texas, who would clearly keep you happy and draw you in if you saw them plying their trade on a smaller stage at an outdoor festival somehwere. 

New album Lived Here For a While finds them writing their own reviews for lazy music critics. Put them midway between War On Drugs and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. If that's what you like, that is exactly what you're going to get.

Good Looks are an ordinary band with an album with a sleeve that goes out of its way to be ordinary too. Occasionally their twin guitars ignite and fire off sparks. Then theur songs come to and end. This is music that does just exactly what it says it will on the tin. 

2 comments:

  1. Think you introduced me to them with their last album! Ended up really liking it. I like this one, too, although perhaps not as much yet. If you are in the mood, though, it will hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget what I've done before. I imagine I repeat myself a lot on here. I thought this was better the longer I played it.

      Delete