An album that sets off as if you're heading in to My Sweet Lord then proceeds with a song called Mohammed and another called Nietzsche. This was the Dandy Warhols album I interacted with and I played my CD version of it a lot over the years. It feels like a CD to me rather than a record and I don't really feel the need to own it on vinyl.
It's a fine album with any number of fine songs and almost breathless ambition. It's a Rock & Roll record but it clearly harks back as is so often the case in our Janus facing culture. -Thirty Tales From Urban Bohemia was released over 26 years ago. The Strokes Is This It came out the following year. And in music terms you caould make a good case that we've been looking back pretty much ever since....

No comments:
Post a Comment