I was a late developer and certainly came late to The Velvet Underground. I was aware by fifteen that they were a cornerstone of where I was looking to go but mistakenly bought an oddly compiled compilation that gave me the impression that The Gift, I Heard Her Call My Name and Run, Run, Run were the esence of the band. The Velvets could be difficult but they're not always difficult.
I'm there now. They're probably the cornerstone for me now. The source of the river. So I'm more than ready for National Park's glorioua outside a selection of singles, EPs and previously unreleased tracks. National Park could only hail from Glasgow and they're an Indie supergroups of sorts. Players from The pastels , Telstar Ponies, Teenage Fanclub and other notables . They soud like erm the velvet Underground. And bands that sound like The Velvet Underground.It's a gentle, wild, fractured and intimate record. It's archival gold.
No comments:
Post a Comment