Thursday, September 24, 2026

Coveted # 6 The Music Machine - (Turn On ) The Music Machine

 


There's a copy of  (Turn On ) The Music Machine by LA Band The Music Machine in Canterbury Rock at the other send of town and I think I'm going to go and buy it. It's the kind of record that cries out to be owned . Just the kind of thing I like; inspired misdirection. Teenage angst .' Social life's a dud. My name is really mud' in the name of the one song that people know. But theres; more than that. It's inspired Garage Flower Power.. So of it;s time. December 1966 heading into '67.

Each song goes in a different direction . Like the glorious times that gave it birth.  It reminds me of the scene in The Graduate where Benjamin takes Elaine out for their first date and they end up at a Drive In where there's clearly A Riot Going On. It has a crazed cover of Taxman. It's by turns, ecstatic, trippy, completely disposable but charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment