Saturday, May 27, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,401 Water From Your Eyes

 


Finding it difficult to keep us frankly now. With all the great music and live musical experience coming my way. Every time I lower the virtual needle onto the virtual record these days or find myself in a club or at a gig, I seem to encounter a thrilling experience, a thrilling journey that I immediately need to bear witness to on here. Well, it beats thinking about work.

This is the latest. Everyone's Crushed the new one from Brooklyn duo Water in Your Eyes which is currently burning its way into my memory banks. It's their fifth album in all, but the first to come to my attention, thanks to a review in A Pessimist is Never Disappointed the blog that misses very little, listed on the right side of this page.

A pair who have been working at the Pop seam now for a number of years now in search of a sound. Everyone's Crushed feels like the moment they emerge from the laboratory with their new discovery raised above their heads. 

It's all buzzing electronic noise and scientific discovery. I was reminded of early Eighties Pop pioneers; Thomas Dolby, John Foxx, Heaven 17, DAF and the like. Even Eurythmics before they came on their gold dust formula. There's something fabulous experimental here. It feels at once retro and thrillingly cutting edge 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's brilliant, Bruce! Hoped you'd find it. Played it a couple of times yesterday. Think it's going to be up there at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete