Friday, September 19, 2014

Song(s) of the Day # 244 Spacemen 3

 
The Scots say no to Independence. Perhaps The Ramones 'We're a Happy Family' is the thing to post. Instead, it seems time to move on. This Spacemen 3 album was at the front of one of the stacks of my collection as I looked around for something to listen to. Unplayed for years. So it went on. The opening song sounded pretty great at eight in the morning with grey autumnal light gathering in my living room. Brave and slightly unnerving in its full-stare amphetamined certainty. That may be what you get in return for a private education in the UK. Listening through to the rest of Side1,it maintains that steely fixity throughout. It sounds good twenty five years on. I think I was less sold on it at the time but it seems very prescient now. A whole strain of music came from this. And surprisingly on top of all this, it's a pretty great early morning music. A way of getting the fix that you need without having to have one. Just Revolution to listen to then I'll go have my bath. Oh why not post it here! Two for the price of one! Perhaps this one does have something to do with Scotland after all.
 
 
And the question hangs in the air. Why do I only get round to listening to a record that's as good as this one is every five years? I don't have enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment