Saturday, September 20, 2014

Songs About People # 53 Nicola Tesla

 
Nothing worse to the devoted record collector than those that are lost without trace. One of my early albums was OMD's Dazzle Ships. Not a great record perhaps but one of the great, ambitious failed experiments. I no longer have it and I'm not happy with that state of affairs. It's among about half a boxful that went astray during journeys between my parents attics at various locations. I remember this particular album as an odd but strangely cohesive record about electricity and human engineering endeavour. Here's their tribute to one of the great enigmas of the Nineteenth Century.
 
 
NB. OMD had earlier produced two songs about Joan of Arc. But frankly they were both rather too wet to feature in this spurious series.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment