Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Last Song on the Album # 17 Television - Adventure - The Dream's Dream

 
'The elevator called me up. She said you'd better start making sense.'
 
Of course with Television, Little Johnny Jewel and Marquee Moon are the records that matter most. Second album Adventure has some great moments and is a daylight record to Marquee Moon's pure night but it's a flawed album. Carried Away and The Fire seem quite unnecessary to me while Foxhole just strikes as an overwrought attempt to create an atmosphere they'd already succeeded with on Friction. But there was plenty of great stuff on there. Glory, Days, Careful, Ain't That Nothing and this,.A fine way to sign off as a band. I find it really quite moving. But then I would. They move me like few other bands ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment