Friday, August 19, 2022

Song(s) of the Day # 3,124 Tim Bernandes

 

I get the feeling I've been neglecting this blog lately. Time to make amends. I've been working hard. Maybe I'll have time over the weekend or in a week when I'll get some holiday at last.

This is as good a way to start as any. An album that I've listened through to for the first time with increasing delight and admiration and I'm now playing again.

It's Mil Coisas Invisiveis by Brazilian Tim Bernandes and boy is it Brazilian. Most obviously in being entirely wedded to the great Brazilian musical  past and most obviouly superlative legends such as Caetano Veloso and Tom Ze.

This album is one that swoons on a regular basis. Bernandes has an aparently constantly relaxed and laid back voice. He has a right to it. He damned well knows exactly what he's doing.

Occasionally he resembles a Jeff Buckley who's finally found peace and isn't in perpetual anguish at the loss of his father. By that I mean it's good and he rarely feels the need to show off about it.

This is a record that rewards you with proper jewels, all the way through it's fifteen track running span. It's the second Brazilian album to utterly enthrall me following Sessa's smashing Estrela Acesa a few months back.

This one is landing high in my rundown of favourite albums starting soon. It's just fabulous and I recommend it highly.



No comments:

Post a Comment