Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Song(s) of the Day # 3,122 Violet French & The Horrible

 


Last week I spent some time with Australian band The Triffids, one of my favourites, due to a Facebook immersion with a group I belong to. I fell in love with their full blooded critical engagement with all of the fundamental struggles of life. What a band they were.

Then yesterday afternoon I chanced upon Violent French & The Horrible's self titled debut five track EP and was struck by many of the same admurable qualities. That life is a full blooded struggle that we must pledge allegiance to.

Robust and meaty tunes. Folk driven but with rock going right the way through it. A passionate and rugged female lead. Like The Triffids, Violent French & The Horrible hail from down under, in this case Christchurch, New Zealand, and like them they fight the good fight. Truly wonderful stuff. I can't wait to hear more from them.



2 comments: