Sunday, March 28, 2021

Albums of the Year 1975

 Another year when I struggled to find many records from in my own personal collection. These years seem to be 'waiting for Punk' years. Although there were a few very decent records released. Here's the Best Ever Albums list:

1. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

2. Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks

3. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

4. Queen - A Night At The Opera

5. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

6. Brian Eno - Another Green World

7. Patti Smith - Horses

8. Neil Young - Tonight's The Night

9. Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac

10. Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns

Here's mine. Only chosen from records that I own. All about Patti really. My favourite record of the year by several leagues. Also my favourite Joni of the ones I know. Fleshed out by a couple of 'Best Of's', albeit great ones which says it all about 1975 I'd say :

1. Patti Smith - Horses


2. Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns


3. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run


4. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Zuma


5. Elton John - Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirty Cowboy


6. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti


7. John Cale - Slow Dazzle


8. Roxy Music - Siren


9. Al Green - Greatest Hits


10. Leonard Cohen - The Best of Leonard Cohen


Almost nothing from this year that I don't own that I covert really. Except a very, very good record from Neu. Decent ones from Lour Reed, Bowie and Can. Otherwise, all fairly barren. I've checked ahead and 1976 is even less fun I'm afraid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment