Sunday, December 24, 2017

Scene of the Year # 1 Australia




And while we're making lists, here's another. But a one item one. While finding things I like to post on here I'm constantly taken aback by how often I find myself coming across and admiring an Australia contemporary band or artist. What's going on there frankly knocks every other musical scene globally into a cocked hat and has done for any number of years. Explaining why would be hard work. I can only look on in wonder. Here's a by no means comprehensive list of things I rate from, yes, 'Down Under':

Courtney Barnett, The Stroppies, Robert Forster, Total Control, Terry, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Jen Cloher, Nick Cave, Beaches, Tame Impala, The Drones, The Stevens, Last Leaves, Twerps, Dick Diver, Wireheads, Eddie Current Suppression Ring, Gold Class, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Boomgates, David West, Rat Columns, Chook Race, Display Homes, Jack Ladder, Fraser A. Gorman, RVG, Cable Ties, Methyl Ethel, Pond, Holly Throsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment