Friday, October 27, 2023

The Top 50 Greatest Landfill Indie Songs of All Time - # 50 - Peter & The Pirates

 


Another series. Why not? Chriistmas is coming,This one inspired by my review of Bobamy Bicycle's new record yesterday. I didn't like it much. But it made me think of Indie Landfill. Perhaps the most reviled period in British Indie history. A time when I pretty much stopped listening to new music coincidentally or otherwise. Somewhere between 2000 and 2010. Pale white guitar bands. Here's a rundown from Vice.com, We trust there will be something worth listening to here. 

2 comments:

  1. Rather you than me! This was a lost decade for me, too, at least until the last few years... and British indie was not where I went looking (with a few exceptions) when I returned. Listening to some French indie (although sung in English) right now with the new Trainfantome album. Liking it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see where it takes us. I did like Peter & The Pirates but suspect much of this is going to leave me cold, Thanks for the Trainfantome tip. That sounds good so far.

    ReplyDelete